We are collecting money to buy protective gear for people working in and around the areas affected by the chemical attacks. Emergency medical personnel need to be protected when they treat people brought into the clinics and hospitals with chemical injuries. Below is a list of items we need:
7 different things needed to help people with chemical attacks:
1. CHEMICAL PROTECTIVE SUITS: The Tychom F Suit protects against nerve gases such as sarin, mustard, and VX for frontline decontamination.
COST PER SUIT: $40.
CHEMICAL SUITS NEEDED: 1,000 (minimum)…
2. FULL FACE MASK (3 FILTER PACKS): Enables breathing for medical professionals to work while exposed to gas attack.
COST PER FACE MASK: $42.
FACE MASKS NEEDED: 1,000 (minimum)weapons:
3. ATROPINE: Nerve Gas Antidote.
COST PER AMPULE (In Syria) .35¢-.50¢
AMPULES NEEDED: 500,000 (minimum)
4. AMBU BAG: Self-reinflating resuscitator bag to assist in breathing.
COST PER AMBU BAG: $15
AMBU BAGS NEEDED: 2,000 (minimum)
5. ENDOTRACHEAL TUBE: Airway tube inserted through the mouth.
COST PER TUBE: $1.70 – $2.40
ENDOTRACHEAL TUBES NEEDED: 2,000 (minimum)
6. CHEMICAL DECONTAMINATION TENT: Shower facility system to clean victims of chemical attacks and rescuers.
COST PER TENT: $2,000
DECON TENTS NEEDED: 100 (minimum)
7. OXYGEN CONCENTRATORS WITH DIESEL-POWER GENERATORS: To deliver oxygen at proper levels to victims of gas attacks.
COST PER OXYGEN SYSTEM: $ 200